Creative Director, Planner, and Owner
Love Letter Weddings is a huge extension of my personality. To be completely honest, I am a total nerd when it comes to planning parties! I love obsessing over every little detail. My brain treats each event like a huge puzzle, and I want every piece to fit together seamlessly. On top of that, I want each element to be unique and thoughtful.
As much as I love designing events, I also love the relationships that I build with my clients. I am very fortunate to have worked with so many wonderful couples. Helping people celebrate LOVE seriously has to be the best. job. ever!!
Things I LOVE | Perhaps we have some things in common?
• Coffee...because 99.9% of what I do is fueled by caffeine
• My cat aka my office supervisor
• Hosting dinner parties... which is where this whole party planning obsession began
• Flowers (umm...have you seen my Instagram?!)
• My pet chickens...yes, I have a pet chickens
• Sushi...the one thing I crave anytime I leave Hawaii
• Natural light because I live life picturing how everything around me would photograph
• Listening to NPR in my car because this busy girl still needs to know what's happening in the world
• My bar method class because I like to imagine I am a ballerina but still eat donuts
• And of course, the love of my life and biggest supporter, Nick (going on 11 years now).
Getting to know & spend time with my clients is my very favorite part of the job.
So much of my creative inspiration comes from discovering my clients' style, personality and quirky hobbies. I always tell couples that if I had to plan different versions of MY dream wedding over and over again, I would have left wedding planning a long time ago.
Whenever I can, I try to schedule in person or Skype meetings. Getting to see my clients expressions tells me so much about what they are thinking and how they are feeling. Weddings are always such emotionally loaded events, but I take pride in solving problems, acting as your biggest advocate, and making decisions with all the sensitivity and patience in the world.
I feel so humbled when I think back on all the wonderful couples I have had the pleasure of working with. Not only did I get to watch them to say their vows to each other, but I also got to help them discover, design and implement every meaningful little detail of their big day.